Jeff Raizner is an extremely successful trial lawyer and negotiator. He has been named a Super Lawyer every year since 2007, recognized for his continued success in representing clients in claims against major insurers for both commercial and residential losses, and against large corporations for compensation in pharmaceutical and other mass tort claims as well as maritime personal injury disputes. Recently, Jeff has filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of flood victims from the Addicks and Barker Reservoir releases by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.
Mr. Raizner is a member and former director and Executive Committee member of Texas Trial Lawyers Association, a past president of Houston Trial Lawyers Association and a member of the American Association for Justice. His practice includes nationwide representation in complex insurance disputes as well as serious personal injury and mass tort litigation. In addition to being a Super Lawyer, he has been recognized as a Texas Rising Star and a Best Lawyer in nationwide, peer-selected publications. Mr. Raizner has been selected by courts and his co-counsel to serve on a number of steering committees established to manage and guide litigation involving insurance and other disputes, and is a recognized leader nationwide in complex commercial property insurance litigation. Mr. Raizner is also a member of the Texas Association of Public Insurance Adjusters as well as the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters. Mr. Raizner regularly writes and speaks on insurance and other matters within his areas of practice.
After receiving his Bachelor of Arts in History at Tulane, Mr. Raizner received his Juris Doctorate from University of Houston graduating cum laude. During his studies at the University of Houston, he served as an Editor of the Houston Law Review.Mr. Raizner earned his license to practice law in Texas in 1992. He later gained admission to the state bars of Arizona and Missouri in 2012. He is board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law.
Mr. Raizner began his legal career at Vinson & Elkins in 1992. He is a founding partner of Doyle Raizner LLP. In 2015, Mr. Raizner decided to refocus his practice in forming Raizner Slania LLP. During his career, he has aggressively pursued insurance providers on behalf of clients in bad faith insurance actions for claims ranging from the denial or delay of workers’ compensation to liability in large commercial and even transnational claims. He has also fearlessly pursued pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers and major oil and gas companies and suppliers, holding them responsible for serious injuries. Mr. Raizner has established a relationship with attorneys across the country and in the United Kingdom so that he is able to address his clients’ needs and resolve their disputes no matter where the claim arises or the responsible party resides.
- American Association of Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Past President, Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers
- Houston Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters
- Texas Association of Public Insurance Adjusters
- Jeffrey L. Raizner and Matt Gross, Digital Marketing for Law Associations: National Association of Trial Lawyer Executives 2011 Annual Meeting, New York, New York, July 12, 2011
- Jeffrey L. Raizner, The Legal Network: Developing and Utilizing Social Media in Your Law Practice, Texas Trial Lawyers Association Best Kept Trial Secrets – Las Vegas, Nevada, February 25, 2011
- Jeff Raizner, Brian M. Chandler and Barrie Beer, Hurricane Litigation: Homeowner’s Update, 15th Annual Texas Insurance Law Symposium, South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, January 20, 2011
- Bad Faith Update and Panel Discussion, Jeff Raizner, David Brenner, Steven Tipton, Randy Johnson, Tim Singley, Jane Stone, Frank Weedon and Kay Goggin, State Bar of Texas Seventh Annual Advanced Workers’ Compensation Course 2010, Austin, Texas, August 19, 2010 – August 20, 2010
- Insurance Update and Bad Faith Litigation, Michael Doyle, Jeff Raizner and Chris Martin, Harris County Judicial Education Conference, Houston, Texas, August 9, 2010
- Jeffrey L. Raizner and Veronica Carmona Czuchna, Covered and Non-Covered Losses, State Bar of Texas 7th Annual Advanced Insurance Law Course, Dallas, Texas April 9, 2010
- Jeffrey L. Raizner, Post-Injury Arbitration Agreements: A Plaintiff’s Perspective, Benedict’s Maritime Bulletin, Vol. 7, No. 4, Fourth Quarter 2009
- Jeffrey L. Raizner and Catherine L. Hanna, Ruttiger v. Texas Mutual and the Viability of Aranda in the Workers’ Compensation “Bad Faith” Context, Plaintiff’s Perspective, The Insurance Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and The University of Texas School of Law 14th Annual Insurance Law Institute, San Antonio, Texas, October 15, 2009
- Jeffrey L. Raizner and David Brenner, Bad Faith: Plaintiffs’ Perspective and Litigation Update, State Bar of Texas Sixth Annual Advanced Workers’ Compensation Course 2009, Austin, Texas, August 13-14, 2009.
- Jeffrey L. Raizner and David Brenner, Ethics: Bad Faith, State Bar of Texas Fifth Annual Advanced Workers’ Compensation Course 2008, Austin, Texas, August 21-22, 2008
- Kenneth G. Engerrand, Hon. W. Eugene Davis, Jeffrey L. Raizner and Ira Rosenzweig, The Interplay of Other Laws with the Act, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law Annual Longshore Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, March 13, 2008
- Jeffrey L. Raizner and David Brenner, Cross Examination of Experts, State Bar of Texas Fourth Annual Advanced Workers’ Compensation Course 2007, Austin, Texas, August 30-31, 2007
- Jeffrey L. Raizner, The Differences Between Personal Injury Litigation in the UK and the USA, Legal and Medical Conference 2007, London, United Kingdom, February 21, 2007
- Prof. Robert Force, Mark D. Latham, and Jeffrey Raizner, Recent Developments in Maritime Law, Tulane University Law School 22nd New Orleans Fall Maritime Law Seminar New Orleans, Louisiana, September 29, 2006
- David Brenner and Jeffrey L. Raizner, Bad Faith, State Bar of Texas Third Annual Advanced Workers’ Compensation Course 2006, Austin, Texas, August 24-25, 2006
- Jeffrey L. Raizner, “KRE Policies: Your Money or Your Life,” Legal + medical Magazine (UK), Issue 19, July 2006
- Deposing the Insurance Adjuster, Workers’ Compensation Publications, Avoiding and Defending Allegations of Bad Faith Seminar, Dallas, Texas, August 4, 2006
- Texas Workers’ Compensation Claims Handling Pitfalls and Bad Faith, Workers’ Compensation Publications Seminar, Dallas, Texas, March 31, 2006
- Jeffrey L. Raizner, The American Dream? Litigation abroad, Legal + medical Magazine (UK), Issue 16, January 2006
- Handling the Insurance Bad Faith Lawsuit, 2005 Barnes Law Seminar, Houston, Texas November 9, 2005
- The Jones Act: Navigating the Warm Waters of Maritime Employer’s Liability, 2005 Barnes Law Seminar, Houston Texas November 9, 2005
- Procedural Points and Case Handling: The Plaintiff’s Perspective, Lorman Education Services Maritime Personal Injury in Texas Seminar, Houston, Texas October 14, 2005
- Jeffrey L. Raizner and Amanda Gerke, Litigating the Auto/Trucking Case The Plaintiff’s Perspective, Lorman Education Services Automobile and Trucking Liability in Texas Seminar, Houston, Texas September 16, 2005
- Jeffrey L. Raizner and Amanda Gerke, Insurance Issues from the Plaintiff’s Perspective, Lorman Education Services Automobile and Trucking Liability in Texas Seminar, Houston, Texas September 16, 2005
- Jeffrey L. Raizner and Jeffrey E. Kalina, M.D., F.A.C.E.P., Anatomy and Injuries: Common Medical Issues in Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Litigation, Workers’ Comp 201 Seminar, Houston, Texas August 26, 2005.
- Multiparty Litigation: The American Practice, Association of Personal Injury Lawyers Annual Conference 2005, Newport, South Wales, United Kingdom April 28, 2005
- Voir Dire and Jury Selection – The Injured Workers’ Strategy, Workers’ Compensation Litigation and Ethics Seminar. April 8, 2005
- Insurance Bad Faith and Skullduggery How Not to Handle Claims, Houston Claims Association Seminar. February 9, 2005
- Completing the Unfinished Picture Soriano and the Problem of Having So Many Claims and So Little Coverage, University of Texas, Ninth Annual Insurance Law Institute. November 11-12, 2004
- The Potential Costs When Case Management Crosses the Line: The Law on the Penalties and Pitfalls for Improper Handling of a Claim for Benefits by an Injured Worker, The Barnes Law Firm Workers’ Compensation Seminar. September 28, 2004
- Hon. Sarah Vance, Kathleen Charvet, and Jeffrey Raizner, Recent Developments in Maritime law, 21st New Orleans Fall Maritime Law Seminar, Tulane University. October 2-3, 2003
- The Potential Costs When Case Management Crosses the Line: The Law on the Penalties and Pitfalls for Improper Handling of a Claim for Benefits by an Injured Worker, Workers’ Comp Update 2003. July 24-25, 2003
- Michael P. Doyle and Jeffrey L. Raizner, Winning the Battle of the Atlantic, Association of Personal Injury Lawyers Newsletter (UK), Vol. 13, Issue 3. June 2003
- Jeffrey L. Raizner, Note, Missing the Boat Another Failed Attempt to Define Admiralty Tort Jurisdiction: Sisson v. Ruby,
29 HOUS. L. REV. 733 (1992).
- Jeffrey L. Raizner, “The Differences Between Personal Injury Litigation in the UK and the USA,” Legal and Medical Conference 2007, The Changing Landscape, London, United Kingdom, February 21, 2007