Andrew Slania has substantial trial experience as a veteran of a boutique litigation firm, of a large international law firm, and initially as former prosecutor for the City of Houston. He currently handles a nationwide docket of cases involving insurance losses to office buildings, retail centers, hotels, apartment complexes, churches, and other commercial properties as well as represents individuals suffering severe injuries as a result of negligent conduct.
Mr. Slania graduated magna cum laude from Saint Louis University with a Bachelor of Arts in English in 2003. At Saint Louis University, he was a three-year catcher for the baseball team and received the honor of Outstanding Performance from Conference USA. In 2006, he received his Juris Doctorate from University of Houston Law Center, where he was editor of the Houston Law Review and received the designation of Best Law Review Comment about Corporate Law. He is currently licensed to practice law in Texas and Arizona and was designated as a Super Lawyer Texas Rising Star in 2010.
Mr. Slania’s legal career has included positions at the large international firm of Vinson & Elkins, the City of Houston as a prosecutor, and the boutique firm of Doyle Raizner, LLP. He joined in establishing the Raizner Slania firm in 2015, bringing with him a number of successful resolutions of substantial litigation matters against the insurance industry. Mr. Slania embodies the firm’s philosophy of achieving the best possible results in the shortest amount of time, and has developed a strong national reputation and track record of meticulously investigating an opponent’s business conduct and practices in order to achieve full and fair settlement values. He has served as lead handling attorney on several commercial property insurance disputes, lead counsel on a recent maritime injury case, lead counsel on a traumatic brain injury matter, trial counsel on several prosecutorial matters to verdict, and secured a successful judgment in U.S. Immigration Court securing political asylum for his Columbian client who fought against recruitment of child soldiers by a paramilitary organization.
He is an active member of the legal community, has presented to numerous insurance-related trade associations, and has co-authored a course in personal injury law for the State Bar of Texas. He is also a member of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters, and the Texas Association of Public Insurance Adjusters.
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters
- Texas Association of Public Insurance Adjusters
- Financial Metrics of the Insurance Industry and Why it Matters to Claims- March 2015 First Party Claims Conference West
- What Insurance Bad Faith Looks Like-First Party Claims Conference October 2014
- Preparing for Deposition-Texas Association of Public Insurance Adjusters October 2014
- Ethics of Public Adjusting and Public Adjusting 301- Texas Association of Public Insurance Adjusters February 2014
- “Proportionate Responsibility/Responsible Third Party” (Co-Author with Knox Nunnally), State Bar of Texas, Advanced Personal Injury Law Course, 2007
- “Contractual Risk Shifting in Offshore Energy Operations”, Tulane University School of Law, Admiralty Institute, Summer, March, 2007