Our experienced commercial litigation lawyers will get you the payment you deserve.

Contact Us »

Commercial Property Damages

Choose a Law Firm Experienced in Handling Complex Insurance Disputes

Commercial property insurance is a crucial investment that doesn’t come cheap. You purchased what you believed was solid, sufficient coverage at a considerable cost, only to have the insurance company deny, delay, or severely underpay your claim in your hour of need. Raizner Slania can help.

No Insurance Company is Off Limits

Raizner Slania’s insurance claim lawyers are based in Houston, Texas but handle cases against every major insurance company across the United States. The insurance industry keeps getting tougher and smarter, so your lawyers need to always be one step ahead. Our firm has successfully combatted virtually every type of commercial insurance scheme, making them pay even under the most challenging of circumstances.

Choose Raizner Slania

Frequently Asked Questions

What types of cases does Raizner Slania accept?

We focus our practice on complex commercial property matters. Most of our cases involve buildings such as apartment complexes, office buildings, strip centers, retail buildings, industrial buildings and warehouses, churches, and buildings other than smaller residential homes. Given our location in Texas, much of our practice is dedicated to wind and hail claims. We also handle a substantial number of fire damage claims, as well as water damage and plumbing failure cases. Our cases typically involve building damages valued between several hundred thousand dollars and millions of dollars. By focusing our practice on high value commercial claims, we dedicate our resources to large, complex claims.

What types of things are covered under a commercial insurance policy?

Commercial insurance policies can cover a wide array of losses, and should be tailored to the business owner’s needs and greatest exposures. Examples of potential coverage areas for property damage due to specific events include wind, hail, fire, theft, earthquakes, and sudden water events. Commercial insurance policies can also cover lost business income, business interruption, or extra expenses during a period of restoration or loss period. Of course, there can also be specifically designed coverage for other areas, including director and officer liability, worker’s compensation, and premises liability.

How are your fees calculated?

Our firm works on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t recover any fees unless and until we recover for you. Additionally, we pay all case expenses throughout the litigation and recoup those costs once a final dollar amount is paid. If for some reason we are unsuccessful in obtaining a recovery on your behalf, you will not owe us any fees and we will eat our costs. Our firm has an incentive to obtain the best possible recovery in each case we accept because we do not get paid unless our clients get paid what is rightfully theirs. And, clients do not find themselves overloaded with monthly bills for attorneys’ fees that must be paid, despite the outcome of the case. It is a mutually beneficial relationship that ensures both attorney and client have the same incentives and goals.

How can I have enough to repair my building if I have to pay attorneys’ fees?

In Texas and many other states, attorneys’ fees are recoverable in addition to the amount owed for breach of contract. In other words, if the insurance company is liable for not fulfilling its obligation to completely pay your claim, then it must pay the full amount of the claim plus any reasonable attorneys’ fees you incur taking legal action against them. Moreover, the Texas Insurance Code has additional protections for Texas policyholders, and these laws are designed to punish insurances companies that do not act in good faith or deal fairly with the policyholder. The protections afforded by the Texas Insurance Code may entitle the policyholder to additional compensation on top of the claim amount and attorneys’ fees, such as treble damages and interest on the claim amount.

What happens if I can’t get all repairs done with the money provided under the insurance company’s estimate?

Oftentimes an insurance company will internally acknowledge more repairs will likely be necessary in the future, but will not disclose that information to the insured. If the amount your insurance company paid is insufficient to complete the necessary work, you should promptly make a request in writing to the insurer to re-open the claim, because repair costs have exceeded what they originally agreed to pay.

To avoid the lapse of too much time, you should solicit a bid for the work from a reputable contractor before beginning repair work and notify the insurance company if that bid exceeds the amount they agreed to pay. Do not think you are bound solely to the estimate prepared by the insurance company’s adjuster. Insurance companies frequently low-ball initial estimates, and simply wait for the policyholder to chase them down for the correct amount, with every expectation many people will simply give up.

Why Should I Hire Raizner Slania?

The experienced legal team at Raizner Slania has achieved strong results across the country in complex insurance litigation. Although we are based in Texas, our ability to get results for our community property clients is recognized nationwide. We believe so strongly in our clients and in our own track record of proven successes that we handle all our cases on a contingency fee basis. This means there is no upfront cost to you.

You will owe us nothing unless and until we produce results.

Our firm has the experience, intellectual firepower and financial resources necessary to handle property dispute claims against the insurance industry – and win. We've done it before against nearly every major insurance group, and we can do it for you. To ensure that we are able to provide the best possible representation, and to distinguish ourselves from other lawyers, we limit our practice to commercial properties such as office buildings, apartment complexes, churches and other high value buildings, excluding single-family residential properties.

Community Involvement

Contact Us