After a windstorm, your home could suffer significant damage leading to a sizable claim for costs of repair or replacement. The higher the value of the claim, the more vigorously the insurance company is likely to fight it, using strategies such as denying, delaying or “low-balling” roof wind damage insurance claims.
Our attorneys have extensive experience dealing with insurance company tactics. We have taken action to address many serious violations of insurance law by insurers, such as:
- Failure to investigate and assess damage promptly and completely
- Hiring biased adjusters, engineers, and other “experts” who are motivated to under-assess property damages or focus on potential causes other than the windstorm
- Making low-ball settlement offers or payments that cannot approach the cost of repairing or rebuilding windstorm-damaged property
- Falsely claiming that the damage was pre-existing or resulted from wear and tear, poor maintenance or manufacturing problems
- Applying excessive depreciation in order to minimize the initial payment to the point where a homeowner cannot begin to rebuild
Holding Insurers Accountable for Wind Damage Claims
We are prepared to take decisive action against insurance companies, including:
- Sending independent engineers, contractors, estimators, meteorologists and other experts to investigate and present clear, specific evidence that your loss was caused by the windstorm
- Compiling evidence to disprove an insurer’s excuses for a claim denial or inadequate settlement offer, such as allegations that you failed to maintain the roof properly
- Ensuring that any valuation of your property in a total loss/slab claim case is fair and accurate
Targeting Fair, Just Compensation for Windstorm Victims
In many cases, windstorm insurance companies go beyond violating a contract when they deny your valid claim. Unfair denials, extreme delays, and major undervaluations of roof wind damage insurance claims can constitute insurance bad faith, enabling recovery of other damages that you have suffered because of bad faith conduct.
If you are seeking a windstorm claim dispute lawyer with a track record of success, please contact Raizner Slania today.