Hail damage frequently devastates the operation of buildings and commercial properties, such as office buildings, shopping malls, industrial facilities, churches and apartment complexes. The longer the insurance company disputes your business’s legitimate hail damage claim, the more damage that can occur to your commercial property and your business’s relationships with clients and customers.
Recovering From Hail Damage to Your Business
If an insurance carrier acts in bad faith, denying the full cost of building replacement and/or property repair, we can help you take action. We are insurance litigation professionals who know the insurance business and how to protect your rights. Many of our lawyers have even represented insurance companies in the past, and this experience gives us valuable insight into how your insurer conducts its business.
If you have experienced any of the following after submitting a commercial hail damage claim, contact us today:
- Denied property damage claims
- Denials based on policy exclusions such as wear and tear, poor maintenance, faulty construction and manufacturing defects
- The application of excessive depreciation
- Failure to promptly pay the full amount of the claim
- Inexperienced or incompetent adjusters who fail to fully evaluate the damage
- Dishonest, biased or incorrect engineering reports and opinions from the insurance company’s hand-selected consultants
- Failure to properly investigate and assess hail damage claims promptly
- Low-ball claims assessments and settlement offers
- Misapplication of co-insurance penalties and other unfounded excuses
- Accusations that your building did not meet specified code requirements
The insurance industry is heavily regulated, and the law is clear. Insurance companies are required to show a reasonable basis for denying or delaying payment, if the policy clearly covers certain weather-related damages. If your commercial hail claim has been denied, disputed, or held up for unexplained or unjustified reasons, we can help your business recover what it is owed.
We Hire Independent Roofers, Contractors, and Engineers to Value the Damage
When we handle commercial hail damage claims, we do not simply accept the estimates provided by the insurance company’s adjusters. We obtain independent evaluations from professional experts, contractors, meteorologists, engineers, and independent adjusters. By doing so, we are able to determine the correct amount of your damages and how much we should seek in compensation on your behalf.
Free Consultation and Contingency Fee Basis
If your commercial insurance carrier has denied, delayed, or disputed your hail damage claim, an experienced insurance litigation attorney at Raizner Slania can help. Our lawyers have earned nationwide recognition for helping policyholders fight for their rightful claims against insurance companies that operate in bad faith. Please contact us today for a free initial consultation. We handle all bad faith insurance litigation cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will not pay attorney’s fees unless we help you recover on your claim.